A short futuristic film by Eran May-raz and Daniel Lazo. Graduation project from Bezaleal academy of arts.
Cassandra is a decentralized No-Sql database. It works on multi node cluster where every node is identical to every other node (server symmetry – all node features same). There is no master node concept, as in Hadoop, hence there is no single point of failure.
A few features/terms
- Elastic scalability: able to scale, up or down, dynamically without restart or disruption of services.
- Consistency level: decide when to consider transaction successful.
- Tunable consistency (strict, casual, and weak), which is inversely proportional to availability.
- Stores data in multidimensional hash table.
- Schema free: model requires queries and then work on data.
- Designed to take advantage of multiprocessor/core machines.
- optimized for excellent throughput for write.
- Column, contains name value pair, is a most basic unit of data structure. Columns are Continue reading “Cassandra Quick Basics”